Fiji25 Blog 13 - Chloe
Blog 13- Chloe At the beginning of the trip, we were all getting used to how to tie our sulus. As a cultural piece of the village we’re intruding on, it would have been disrespectful for us to forgo the sulu-norm. It also would have been significantly easier. I am not an overly careful person – I think being so would be a waste of time – and as a result it is safe to say there have been some sulu-related incidents. There’s something deeply personal about the clothes you wear under your other clothes, the way underwear feels different than a swimsuit. The shorts I wear are nothing special and nothing new, but the dramatic unveiling really left me with something to mull over. About a week after the initial onset of The Incidents™, I asked around to see how my friends tied theirs. Audrey, along with most of the other women, ties her sulu using a friction-based method where the left corner of the sulu lines up with your right hip. You take the remaining end across your navel and when y...
Comments
Post a Comment